Tuesday 4 January 2011

Show and Tell 2: Dimitri's Fire Hawks.

I thought I should present my own work to get things started.

Why did you choose Fire Hawks?
It all stated back a while ago when  was looking into the back ground of the legion of the damned. I like the models and want to paint them and play with them in the future. I wanted the army to use the Space marine codex and not some non official with tactical units of legion of the damned. I then though what more natural  for a super enhanced-unatural-specter-warrior to look for its old chapter. I found the fire hawks and then I found the Badab Campaign. 


Conclusion:
Cool colours + cool background + legion of the damned=  Awesome (in my books).
Other chapters I thought of  making were Novamarines (company of terminators), red scorpions (FNP and nice FW stuff), raptors dead easy colour scheme.

Size and composition of the army.
What will be in the army will be a mixture of restrictions what I like and what I have.
my restrictions were
  •  no scouts, fire hawks are too "loud" to have scouts.
  • no legion of the damned, in the timeline legion of the damned were not "created" until later, they will appear in 1500p meta-campaign games.
  • keep it light on the elite choices, elites are cool but in the future i will have 1-2 legion of the damned units in 1500p so no need for many elites.
What I have 20 marines, 5 termies 2-3 dreads 1LR.

What I like:
Well pretty much everything.

So I will have 2 tactical squads or more.
1 LR redeemer with 5 termies and Chapter master.
1 LR
6-10 sternguard
6-10 vanguard vets.
1 assault squad maybe 2.
1 unit of devastators
3 vindicators
2 rhinos
1 razorback
1 attack bike

After all of the above I will reconsider.


My best unit I think will be my Vanguard Vet. Deep strike randomly behind enemy lines and assault, lots of things can go wrong, its fun.

Colour recipe was
Grey undercoat
bestial brown 50% +scab red 50%
add to the above mix golden brown 50%
golden brown
bleached bone
Wash with red wash


Next on my list
1 more tactical squad
5 terminators



Sternguard Veterans
 

Sternguard veterans
 





If you would like to show and tell send me a email or talk to me in store.








Vanguard Veterans



1 comment:

  1. those Sternguard look amazing mate. liking the colour scheme as well.

    ReplyDelete