Monday 31 October 2011

Planetary empires, orks,demons, chaos lord and a bit of 3d animation.

Hello all,

Sorry for my lack of posts I have been a bit busy.

 Planetary Empires

First of all Planetary empires is comming up next month.
You are allowed to play with diffrent armies between the games.

So the first game is 500p. spearhead 3 objectives.
For this I am thinking of using my Slannesh marines
 Chaos Demon Prince Wings slannesh 135p
Chaos Sorcerer with mark of slannesh and Lash of submition 125p
5 noice marines +1 champion power weapon doom siren 165p
5 chaos marines 75p

Total 500p

5 chaos marines hold one objective
the 6 noice marines and sorcerer run towards the mid objective lash  and doom siren.
and the demon prince moves in were needed.

There are another 4 missions I will look into them eventualy.


Orks

Next up the orks.

Ever since I bought the Limited edition forgeworld squadron ork I have wanted to do an flying ork army.
This model is not painted by me I found it on cool mini or not.
I have not seen a properly flying ork army. If you have please link pictures I am intrested to see.

Also with imperial armor 2, the updated version, chinorks are now legal for 40k. they cost 65p are armor 10 all around fast, skimmer, can take 10 orks, counts as a fast choise and can come in a squadron of 1-3.

So my idea is 3x10 boys in 3 chinorks.
5 deffcoptas
a number of gretchin with the limited edition ork as runtherd
an ork mindlayer counts as battlewaggon.
1 deff dread I like the model and already own it, I imageine it is droped of by the mindlayer.

The name and tribe of these orks is the flying deathmachines.
First I will make the 30 boys 3 chinorks and 5 deffcoptas and then I will move on.
I already own the models the chinorks I will attempt to scratch build because 1 65p chinork costs 63£.

So i started with the boys I wanted them all in parashute's, so i bought a box of stormboys hacked at the torso and added a back and front parashute.

Replicated the effect 23 times

And added head legs and feet.


I think they look really cool and when painted and placed on a helicopter even cooler


I also painted some more of my hybrid, soon to sell demon army.
I am now up to 50 hours and have finished the demon prince and the 4 bloodcrushers,
I have left 10 bloodletters and some bassing.



I estimate about 5-10 more hours to finish the army, bringing it to 55-60 hours of work.
Then I will estimate cost of models paints,magnets and hopefully add areasonable painting fee on top.
The army is made in such a way that it can be used for 40k and fantasy. More details and final pictures very soon in the future.


Chaos Lord Commision

This is a chaos lord I painted as a comission its an amazing model and real fun to paint.


3d animation.
I am doing this semester a module in anglia ruskin university 3d modeling and animation.
I find it very creative. The final assignent is to produce a 30 sec animation of star wars.
I asked my lecturer if I could do 40k he is fine with it.
Initialy i wanted to do the scene from the novel Soul hunter when Talos kills the bloodangel marine inside the dreadnought.  But my lecturer adviced me insted of chaps marines use something robotic instead because of the complexity, and I can see he was right.
So I replaced the night lords for necrons.
So the 3 models I made were a dreadnought, a necron lord and necron destroyers.
In the following lessons we will be learining 3d animation. I also attached my story board.


Longest post ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment