Thursday 25 April 2013

Myth - My second Kickstarter pledge.

Good morning readers,

Yesterday I pledged 213$ on MERCS newest kickstarter MYTH.
Its a Hero quest type tabletop game, with more advanced rules and models to satisfy today's gamers.




I should have posted it before it ended but, I only took part in it 2 hours before it finished. I had seen the game when first put on kickstarter but passed it bye, but my old friend Mike brought it back to my attention when he started asking me some questions about painting minis. So I pledged at captain level which is around the price of these type of  boardgames (many minis inside), the thing that makes it so great was the bonus items you get cause of the number of backers and the amount of money pledged.

I believe for 113$ you get 149 minis (dragon and barbarian ally not included).


Were you can see the box without the pledge levels.



Really lovely stuff.

The last 3 hours of the kickstarter were really quite exciting,  i think overnight it broke the $700.000 barrier
giving us a free cyclops boss. Then 2 hours before the finish the $800.000 goal was achieved and unlocked and was still going strong, there was only one problem they had not predicted it to be such a huge success (I do think in 24 hours it had made $250.000) so no achievement for $900.000 was set.

The comment section was on fire, I was watching it religiously, refreshing constantly.
Everyone was pitching their idea for the the 900.000 achievement, it was true chaos.

One of the mercs staff told us they were in a meeting, so just around 13:00 (UK time) and with 2,5 hours left this was posted by the creator of MYTH:

"So, with complete transparency. You guys and gals have clearly outpaced our expectations and abilities at this point. I think that is abundantly clear.

Keith has 20 minutes to get a handle on a concept for a minor dragon. If it is good, we'll proceed and you'll have a 900k stretch. If it is not, you have everything we can give you. Cross you fingers.


Keith has 20 minutes to get a handle on a concept for a minor dragon. If it is good, we'll proceed and you'll have a 900k stretch. If it is not, you have everything we can give you. Cross you fingers."

An hour later the $900.000  target was achieved.

So at this point I had spent $113, a mixture of human greed and happiness and thankfulness overwhelmed me and I spent another $100 for add ons not the best value for money.



I now feel guilty and need to justify my impulsive buys, 
I bought:

  •  the slauterfield deck $20
  • the Spriggan and sleeves $20
  • the scald $20
  • battlefoam $40
So the slauterfield  give you another game type  a last stand type of game.

I bought the two addtional heroes (3 models) with theirdecks and  sleeves for $40, I know this is alot for three models but combining it with the last minute dragon is not that bad. I now have 8 heroes giving a wider choice to my fellow players, also the scald with their spells that form song looks realy cool.

And last the battle foam. I now it is pricey, but if I am to paint the models nicely I also want to store them and protect them, I consider this an good investment. The foams fit in the box  so everything stays in the box.

The game is to be delivered Jan 2014, but I am hoping to receive it in December, the game is half made, I believe the sculpting and production of the minis will be the most time consuming. When I receive them I will do some painting tutorials for the minis.

Now we play the waiting game...

No comments:

Post a Comment